[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fw: K9 Book

  • From: "Sharon Allbright" <sharlen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 15:14:55 -0800

From: Marilyn Walton=20
To: sharlen@xxxxxxxxxxxx=20
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2008 11:12 AM
Subject: Fw: K9 Book=20

Hello,

As an author, I noticed for years that there are not many books written =
about police K-9s. I have found only a handful. Many years ago I started =
work on such a book. That book has just been released. Russ Hess, =
Executive Director of the U.S. Police Canine Assoc., has written the =
foreword to my book, for which I am most grateful. I have attached the =
press release and cover for this book in addition to the standard press =
release shown below.  This is my eighth book. I have always loved German =
shepherds, which made this book a joy to do. The book is dedicated to =
the 3800 war dogs that never returned from Vietnam. It is being used by =
the Royal Canadian Mounted Police as a prize in their monthly Name the =
Puppy Contest.  I have profiled fifteen dogs total, including the only =
dog lost on 9/11 at the World Trade Center.=20

My book was "endorsed" by K-9 Serpico, the LAPD K-9 who is pictured on =
the back. I have just gotten back from L.A. where I met with Serpico's =
handler, Alan Krugel, and all his K-9s. He will be writing a total of =
six K-9 books. His first, The K-9 Chronicles, is currently being made =
into a movie. We have the same publisher, and we hope to work together =
to give attention to all these noble dogs. The book is also being sold =
on the USPCA website to raise money for the organization.=20

See attachments for further information on the book. If you review =
books, you can obtain a copy free by emailing =
pressreleases@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marilyn

                                                                         =
     Press Release

Marilyn Jeffers Walton's eighth book has just been released. The =
attachment gives a preview of the book and shows the cover. The book is =
entitled, Badge of My Collar--A Chronicle of Courageous Canines. This =
book profiles fifteen police and search and rescue dogs telling their =
unique and fascinating true stories. Three of these dogs are Ohio dogs. =
One, Luke II, is the highly successful Cincinnati Police Department K-9 =
who was rescued from the Animal Friends Humane Society in Butler County =
the day he was to be put down. Other dogs from around the country and in =
Iraq are featured in the book which also includes the poignant story of =
the only dog lost at the World Trade Center on 9/11. Over a span of =
twenty years these stories were searched for and collected to create a =
true chronicle of these self-sacrificing and brave dogs.=20

The book is available at www.authorhouse.com or by calling 1 =
888-728-8467. It is also available an amazon.com or authorhouse.co.uk, =
and is being sold through the U.S. Police Canine Association website. =
www.uspcak9.com