[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurity

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "Scharo777@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: vicisheps@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 18:31:21 -0400

Back when I took over as National Futurity Chair,
I encourage all my local chairs to work at raising money. I had a
fantastic catalogue advertising chairman who always brought in a lot of ads.
I supplied examples of form letters to the regional chairs so they could
solicit trophy donations and more catalogue advertising. Clara Dean , from
Memphis really took me seriously and her club had a great profit. Michelle
Graham really worked hard at raising donations. I had discovered when I
was a regional Chair and also a judge, most people would not turn me down for
a donation.
Clubs are smaller today and it is harder for them to find people to raise
donations. BUT IT STILL MUST BE DONE
Carol Moore, from sunny Port Aransas on Mustang Island off the coast of
Texas, glad to be retired!

In a message dated 4/28/2015 4:59:47 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
vicisheps@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

OK...that fact of the matter is that the Futurities have not lost
money...meaning showing in the "Red" ...they have actually are in the "Black"
meaning they are making a profit...not as big as "PROFIT" as they have in the
past and the BOD does not feel they are making enough money...

I hope the GSDCA BOD does not eliminate the Futurity before they put it on
a ballot for the membership to decide.

Michelle
RBIF CH Vici's Wind Walker, CH Vici's Windsong, Am/Can CH Vici's Abilene V
ShadowValley, Vici's Wild As The Wind, ROM, B/Co-owner Vici's Heavenly
Expectations, TC-#1 2008 M/F Bitch