[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Futurities Seems simple to me

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Evan Ginsburg'" <elg440@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 08:54:52 -0700

I am amazed that the Board is even considering or talking about the possibility
of scrapping the
Futurities??
Another 'agenda' that has not had a big "outcry" for action from the members?
Why?

* They have a big influence on Specialty Club profits.. and increase most show
entries.
* They bring some winners to the Nationals that otherwise might not even come.
* Breeders are already nominating their litters now in plans and hopes for
another Futurity.
* As Evan said it brings many breeders and exhibitors together for at least one
big weekend.
* Often we get to see some great dogs come into our area that we might
otherwise not see.
( even though some seem to resent that. )
* Entries may not be what we want...but entries are falling in all shows and
the original intent
is still a good thing and it still brings out breeders and dogs to the
National we otherwise
might not see.
* Most active exhibitors and breeders still support Futurities and plan for
them.

HUGE THANKS AND KUDOS TO ALL who work hard to try to keep our Futurities
successful.

Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

On Behalf Of Evan Ginsburg (Redacted sender "elg440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Seems simple to me

Okay Joanie, explain it to me like I'm a six year old! Are you saying based on
recent past years, whether we have an entry of 10 or 110, financially the
futurity is doing just fine? If this is true why is the BOD considering the
drastic changes Ms Bankhead indicated?

Define "just fine". I say, if it is making money, the members enjoy it, it
helps the member clubs build an entry, and we have quality winners come out of
it to the National, it ain't broke, and we don't need to fix it.

We can always improve, as is true with everything.

From what I am told, and I am not told much, only a couple of people want to
scrap the Futurity/Maturity. We just need to know if it is worth keeping. So
far, I see no reason not to continue with it.

And, let's not forget how hard Joanie and those before her have worked to keep
it profitable. It didn't just happen.

Evan