[ SHOWGSD-L ] French Bulldogs

  • From: EJDegen@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 15:45:32 EST

I recently was helping a friend research French Bulldogs as they are
interested in getting one.  I read the following quote about them and  thought
it was
sad but also a bit funny..."French Bulldogs are born looking for  a way to
die".

I can understand the reasoning behind the Doodle dogs.  I do NOT agree  with
it, but I can see where someone had the idea the reasoning being a
nonshedding dog with a Golden or lab personality....the only problem is that
the
nonshedding doesn't always occur, or someone else's reason that hybrids are
healtheir, but of course WE KNOW the Doodle can end up with all the  problems
of BOTH
of the breeds and as we all know, the best dogs are NOT used  for crosses.

I've also seen a lot of the crosses common in Flyball today....again this  is
NOT for me, but I can see where someone came up with some of these ideas and
why.  I just feel there are more and better reasons for NOT crossing some  of
these breeds (Border Collie/Border Terrier, Border Collie/Jack Russell,
Border Collie/Staffie, etc.).

But WHY anyone would want to cross Frenchies with Pugs is  beyond my
comprehension....they are similar and I can't see what one breed would  improve
about
the other breed.  Neither one can breathe.

Julie  Degen
Fort Monroe, VA
GSD "Cassie"
BC "Radar"