[ SHOWGSD-L ] Franklin's Law

  • From: "Helen Franklin" <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:32:58 -0700

Once known as "Murphy's Law," I have appropriately changed it to "Franklin's
Law."  My airline ticket for North Carolina was purchased last February, my
seats and catalog are paid, my Saturday night dinner is paid and my current
landlord sold the condo I live in.  I have a room at the Hampton Inn available
and seats etc.  I'm going to be up to my .......in boxes as I will be moving in
November.   I'm so going to miss the many friends that have become a "same time
next year" happening.  (For those that don't know what I just meant, see the
movie Same Time Next Year)  We see each other at the Nationals annually and
catch up on tales of dogs, family and personal adventures over the previous
year.  We pretend not to notice the extra pounds and smile lines, instead
preferring to remember each other as we were 35 years ago.  It's really a very
special time, more-so now because our numbers seem to be decreasing.  I am so
very sad I won't be attending and I will greatly miss the beautiful dogs, the
many hugs, the tears during Parade of Greats and the exuberant joy of the
winners.
Helen Franklin
(Contact me if you want room, tickets, etc.)