[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fran-Jo.... the next chapter

  • From: GSD0110@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 21:17:07 EDT

The German Shepherd Dog world has lost the greatest breeder the world has
ever known.   We have lost a lady with great compassion and love for  the breed
and someone who identified totally with all the people who show, breed  and/or
just love these dogs.  We have all lost a great mentor and role  model.

I lost one of my dearest friends.  For the past several years we  talked
several times a week.... And unbelievably, I can remember every  conversation
and
her answers and reaction to almost every situation we have  discussed.  She
taught me so much... not only about breeding dogs but I so  admire the way she
conducted herself that I try and emulate that as well... I  will never measure
up but I will think about how she would react in any  situation.

But... what I really wanted to say most was that Fran-Jo German Shepherd
Dogs is NOT finished.... Fran has plans to continue to exhibit his beloved
dogs.
 He is keeping 2x Sel Ch Jake of Fran-Jo, He is keeping Ch Isabel of  Fran-Jo
and plans to special her.  And he has a young male sired by Sel  Jake and out
of Sue of Fran-Jo that he will show and finish.  I went up two  weeks ago and
brought Ch Yankee of Fran-Jo home with me..... Fran and I will  co-own and
special him.... I also brought Sue of Fran-Jo home with me and I plan  to show
her.

I feel so fortunate to have had the privilege to know and love Fran and  Joan
Ford.  And I know that Joan has been so busy with the people and dogs  she
has loved and lost that she has had little time to miss us yet at all....  but
God knows I sure miss her.

Gary Lewis
Garter German Shepherd Dogs
_Page 1_ (http://gartergermanshepherddogs.com/)