[ SHOWGSD-L ] For the love of German Shepherd Dogs... LHSH

  • From: gsd0110@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 14:34:02 -0400

Since I have owned German Shepherd Dogs....that would be 53 years and 2
months.... the best thing that has happened to the breed and to breeders is the
grassroots rescue work done by Last Hope, Safe Haven.? The people involved
(excuse me but I only know Dawn, Pat, Vicki, and Ginger and I am sure there are
more) have done more for German Shepherd Dogs than we as breeders,trainers,
handlers, exhibitors and just plain fanciers could ever repay.
They have done this with the financial help of a few people and I am sure more
than a little of their own money.? They certainly devote COUNTLESS hours to the
welfare of dogs that COULD be yours and mine. And they have done a fantastic
job....but it is?has become?overwhelming for them. And they need OUR help.

Yesteday someone (again I don't know who's idea it was) came up with the idea
for each of us to donate $13.50.? My business has been terrible for? almost two
years now but I can CERTAINLY cough up $13.50.?Due in no small part, I am sure,
to the economy of our nation, more and more dogs are being surrendered to kill
facilities and just abandoned.? It is tragic not only for the dogs, but for us
as lovers of this breed. ?If you love?German Shepherd Dogs?you?cartainly can
find $13.50 for the most worthy cause in the history of our breed.....

And we need to do MORE...... All of us attending the National could have a
party.... charge a $10 donation? to attend and donate all the proceeds to Last
Hope, Safe Haven.... I am sure there are others who are much more intelligent
and creative than I am who can come up with other ideas to raise money for
these great people doing such great work for German Shepherd Dogs.? I know they
would appreciate it.

PLEASE help because one day (hopefully not but it is a possibility)a dog you or
I have bred may need Last Hope, Safe Haven.... PLEASE help make sure they are
still available to help.

Thank you all in advance,

Gary Lewis
Garter German Shepherd Dogs
Home of:
RMB Lisa of Fran-Jo Anne Isle ROM (#1 producer 2006)
BOM Ch Yankee of Fran-Jo Anne Isle