[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: For the Record

  • From: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: stormy435@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 02:15:57 +0000 (UTC)

reminds me of the time 40 years ago when Reggie Jackson and the World Champion
Oakland A's of 1972 were getting off the bus to play a game in Anaheim Stadium
a lady asked Reggie why his "friends" didn't look happy getting off the
bus....Reggie stated..."Mame, we're the Oakland A's...there ARE no friends on
this bus".......... we are so competitive with each other with our ideas
,views and dogs at times we ( me included) lose perspective of what the whole
thing is all about....White dogs, ROM changes, the National locations, members
dropping out......those aren't problems.....turn on the evening news.......now
there's a place to see problems........I see Ms. Martello's point of view very
clearly......if I'm not mistaken she and others believe in the standard as it
is to keep the current "strong" colors...they are not claiming that white dogs
are a genetic problem......as a club WE establish the standard.....based on
what ever we believe it should be....I for one would hate the white dogs to
some how leave the breed....I'm proud of all healthy excellent temperamented
GSDs   don't care what color they are...FB