[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Football and the Grand Victor

  • From: Pat Evans <patsgsdpups@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "izaackerman@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <izaackerman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 17:25:51 -0600

My mother was a sorority dorm mother at TCU.  She had tickets to all the games.
  She had a dear friend, that was also a dorm mom.  Mom knew football thanks to
my brother playing the game.   Her friend spent her childhood at Auschwitz, and
although brilliant, had never been exposed to football.   My mother, gave play
by play descriptions of each play.  By the time she explained the home runs and
a few of the players got to first base, the surrounding crowd was cracking up,
and Marie understood "football"!

Heaven help Marie, if she ever tried to explain football to someone else.
Pat Evans