[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Follow up on Bio Spot

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 17:07:47 -0400

Bio Spot has never worked on ticks in my area - i.e. NC.  We've never had a
flea problem, so I can't comment on it's effectiveness against fleas.  My
friend on the NC coast has told me Bio Spot doesn't work very well against
fleas in areas where fleas are a big problem.  Such as the sandy soil found
on the coast.

I've researched all the animal pesticides on the market, and scientific
studies has shown the active ingredient in Frontline Plus to be the most
effective against ticks.  That's why I use Frontline Plus.

I really hate how expensive it is to treat 4 or 5 dogs, but I can't deal
with ticks.  Especially having such a large deer population in the
neighborhood.   I'm also worried about other tick-borne diseases besides
Lyme's, including Tick Paralysis.  I had a Collie who developed severe tick
paralysis not once, but twice!  Very scary!

I hate these nasty little buggers with a passion!!!

Paulette McGuirt, GSDCA Member
Allemande German Shepherd Dogs
Qui Me Amat, Amat et Canem Meam