[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Florida shows hotel info

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, the list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:02:49 -0800 (PST)

And that is only part of the problem with these shows.  We have this
outstanding show site, but it is sort of in town.  That makes even the dog
friendly hotels grass-less.  So I felt it was important to find an alternative
hotel, further west and with access to more grass.

  Please do let me know what you do, all of you, and call me if you need
further assistance.
  sheila 305-772-3647
almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  That was one of my biggest challenges on our January circuit.
Our motel was safe and extremely accomodating, good priced,,,,,,,but very
little grass and then they started renovating while we were all there. They
bent over backwards for me and our group. But there were
shortcomings................
But in the end people opted for more grass and a more expensive place to
stay. Much further away from the show site.
I researched the prices and thought our exhibitors would hit the roof having
to pay such high rates. So i went for the low rates and close to the
showsite.
I stayed at the motel i secured for us and it was do-able...............my
pups & dogs quickly peed in any small spot of grass but twice a day i walked
them all over that big park so they could find the perfect spot to poop.

Though our dogs are not welcomed at many places, it still amazes me the
people who think it's their god given right to let their dogs crap and not
clean it up..........I am thankful to some of our kind exhibitors who went
around cleaning up after others and thats certainly no treat.
I got up early Monday morning and walked pretty much every step of ground at
the park and cleaned up mega amounts of crap piles!!!
It's the same old same old........

Then everyone wonders why it's so hard to secure perfect motels for our
shows........well put two and two together !!!

Amy Safdir
Almanya Shepherds
www.almanyagsd.com