[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fistulas

  • From: "Ona Steffensen" <ona@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx>, <Jagan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <dankagsd01@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 00:03:57 -0800

I have a copy that I can fax to people if you send me your fax number or
I can email you a copy if you send me your email.

I can tell you that it worked on my dog who has had fistulas for the
last two years and she was on protopic for that length of time at $92.80
per month for the protopic.

I took her off the protopic and applied "Desitin" a diaper rash zinc
oxide 37% ointment that I got at WalMart for $7.95.  I applied every
night for three nights and her bum cleared right up.  I have not applied
it since and it's been a little over two months.  I had my Vet check her
out and he couldn't believe it - you would never know that she had it.

The only thing I was told is that you have to watch to make sure that
dogs don't lick too much of it.

My girlfriends dog had a bad hotspot that she couldn't clear up and we
applied the zinc ointment to that and it cleared up within two days.

I swear by it.

Ona Steffensen