[ SHOWGSD-L ] First Aid / Traveling Kits

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 21:20:13 EST

I am putting together a traveling / first aid kit.  We want  to think of
every possibility, so please share if you think of something  else.

For the dogs traveling with us
(in a binder)
-a recent picture of the dog, its full body and a head shot
-microchip or tattoo information
-dog full name AND call name, and if different, the name its registered
with the microchip company
-person to contact during travel
-itinerary......you'll be amazed how far a dog can wonder
-vet name and phone number
-copy of current vaccination record
-a point of contact: a person authorized to make decisions on this dog  if
you are not able to

-in a first aid kit, in addition to first aid basics, any medication the
dog may be taking

we got a shipping sticker from UPS and its very cool because you can print
and update information for each trip and the sticker doesn't come
off....you  have to rip it off to remove it. We put ours on top of the kennel.

Example for sticker:  Hi, my name is XYZ, my owners name is ABC  and they
can be reached at this number 123-456-7890.  I will bark  while in my kennel,
but I am friendly once I am out of my kennel. I have basic  obedience
training, and love cookies.  My owners will pay for  any boarding/medical
expenses, please contact DFG for more information @  098-765-4321

Anything else?

Ileana