[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fertility/Cheque Drops

  • From: "Joan Horn" <jonihorn@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 19:30:00 -0600

This is a request for help from breeders on the list.
I have a 2 year old bitch that I would dearly love to have pups from.
We did breed her 1 time with no success, She does have short heat cycles every
31/2 months since she was 9 months old, I have had her to 2 different vets
had ultra sounds and vaginal cultures and blood tests done all test returned
normal.
One Vet tells me he thinks she is having infertile cycles since her vulva does
not swell when she is in heat, he can not tell me why. One Vet wants to treat
her with an LH shot next heat cycle, he tells me this will make her more
fertile.
I have read a lot of info on infertility in bitches I have not seen anything
regarding LH injections. Dr. Hutchinson the fertility expert suggests Cheque
drops to lengthen time between cycles which makes sense but will this help make
the bitch fertile with her next cycle?
If  anyone on the list has experience with Cheque drops or with infertility
your input
would be greatly appreciated.
Joan Horn
jonihorn@xxxxxxx