[ SHOWGSD-L ] Favors

  • From: Michelle Wallis <midwall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 20:12:31 -0700

I don't always agree with the board... I don't understand everything they do.
But I also know that they are volunteering their time and energy. They are on
the board for a variety of reasons, first and foremost I hope to maintain the
integrity of our breed. They are also human and make mistakes, just like the
rest of us. I too would like to see new blood, but until board meetings are
done via skype I will never have the time to participate at that level. Most of
us don't. But please don't malign the character of the board members in this
way. If you have a specific example then throw it out there, but your blanket
comment is not conducive to an exchange of ideas. I know from experience when I
voiced some concerns about where the GSD world was going I was contacted by a
board member who wanted my input on ways to improve things...  so get on the
board, share your constructive ideas or join a committee. But please there is
enough negativity out and about and comments like the one you posted do not
help anything. I think at the least the board deserves to be acknowledged for
their time - it is a huge commitment. And if you want to see changes, ask for
them or make them happen. Michelle Wallis