[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Favorite win or accomplishment

  • From: Penny & Bill <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: The List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 12:07:33 -0400

I have a few <VBG>; the first 3 are oldies but goodies:

1.  Punky got her BIS first time she was shown as a Special.  She had
been entered as a class bitch but Henry moved her up, since she'd
finished the week before.  It was unreal and even MORE special than
her Select (to me.)

2.  Henry took Caralon's Ketchikan of Huslyn, CD into the breed ring
and showed her in the Veterans Class as a favor to me.  She was 9 at
the time.  When he brought her out of the ring, he said, "I could have
finished this bitch!"  (Ketchy was solid black.)  I remember her
floating around the ring--she was gorgeous.

3.  In back to back specialties (Saturday and Sunday), The Kid took a
major under Dan Smith and then Punky took a major under Muriel
Sonichsen.  Wow--what a feeling!

4.  More recently (like 2 months ago) Brando earned a Major under Bill
Daugherty, our puppy Roadie got the Major Reserve, then Tabu took WB
and BOB, thus securing a major for herself--Holy Kielbasa Batman, what
next??  (ALL were masterfully groomed and handled by Annette and Fred.)

Penny in NY