[ SHOWGSD-L ] Fasano Bio sent from Lew Bunch

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 13:44:56 -0700 (PDT)

Bio- Frank J. Fasano

Candidate for President

Born in 1949 in Des Moines, Iowa, I have lived in the Des Moines area my entire
life. I started working for the New England Life Insurance Company when I was
twenty-one years old and became a Managing Partner for the company in 1986.
While working for the New England I have served on committees for Managing
Partners, Company compliance and marketing committee, on a Hospital Board as
Chairman and taught at Drake University. For the past five years I have been
managing the company operations in Iowa and Minnesota.

I first became interested in German Shepherds during high school, when I worked
for the monks at the monastery in Colfax, Iowa on weekends. I purchased my
first show dog Ch. Rio Valleâ??s Sparkler in 1982 from Francis Williamson and
her full brother went on to become GV Rio Valleâ??s Nestléâ??s Crunch. Sparky
was the foundation of our breeding program. I joined the German Shepherd Dog
Club of America 26 years ago, and the German Shepherd Dog Club of Canada and
have enjoyed exhibiting there for over twenty years. I have always belonged to
and supported a Regional Club and currently belong to the German Shepherd Dog
Club of Greater Kansas City. For many years I was responsible for the Regional
Club Parade. I have helped with the Temperament Test at the Nationals several
years.

I attended the Seiger Show in 1999 with Fred Migliore and Fran Ford. I was
totally amazed at the marketing of the dog in Germany.
The stands were packed with German Shepherd fans. The judging could be observed
on a big screen and this year the judging can be observed by those of us in the
United States by streaming video.

I became an AKC German Shepherd Judge in 2001. I have judged Futurity shows in
the United States and in Canada.

My dogs have the Winsome Kennel name. I have bred a Grand Victrix, and a
Muturity Victor, several best in Futurity/ Maturity animals. I have had two AOE
dogs and three ROMS. In the past two American Nationals two of the stud dogs I
co-own went select and have been in the top ten Futurity producers. I exhibited
in five Futurities this year and have co ntinuously supported the Futurities
for over twenty years. In addition we have herding titles on three dogs. All of
our dogs have basic obedience so that they can be ambassadors of the breed.

My two sons work with me in my business. My youngest son, Nick, just finished
his first Champion and qualified the dog for the Maturity finals.

Besides a good sense of humor and people skills, I bring thirty-eight years of
stable business experience, with management responsibilities for budgetary,
marketing, compliance and sales.
More importantly I have spent twenty-six years as a shepherd of this breed,
applying sound breeding and exhibiting practices. I was instrumental in
formation of the Don Cliff Award.

Thanks for consideration of my candidacy.