[ SHOWGSD-L ] Facebook virus fix

  • From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 07:54:21 -0700

Hi Guys
Many of you are on FB, and we managed to get the virus on our laptop in a
BIG way.
It is called the Koobface virus or worm.  We didn't have it on our desktop
PC , but it did get
our facebook address book, as it did with whomever accidentally passed it to
us.
Anyway, we have a program called MALWARE BYTES.
It found 53 Koobface infections on our laptop, took care of them.
We did have to download it to a disk and run it that way because the virus
was re-directing us
to bogus sites or just not allowing anti virus access at all.
Malware Bytes is a free program.  Run the full scan , which takes a couple
of hours.
As far as the annoying video links from FB that started this whole thing, FB
recommends you
change your password right away.  It seems to have stopped it.
Hope this helps
Kathy Tank
http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
PUP-DATED:  MARCH 24, 2010
Home of:
CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle

"Victory... There's Something In a Name"