[ SHOWGSD-L ] FWD: Oshkosh, Wisconsin...your turn

  • From: stormy435 <stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 12:17:47 -0800

Forwarded:

They are now at it in Oshkosh . Besides BSL and other restrictions, all dogs
over six months of age are to be spayed or neutered. They generously exempt
dogs that have been shown in the past twelve months. Since dogs are to be
spayed or neutered by six months of age and you can¢t show a dog under six
months, I guess there is actually no exemption.

The Oshkosh Northwestern has a short article at
http://www.thenorthwestern.com/article/20081215/OSH0101/81215104/1987.

Please inform any of your members that live in Oshkosh to become involved
and to get to the council meetings.

Don

Subject: changes to Oshkosh Cidy Pet Codes

Briefly - the Oshkosh Kennel Club received a few changes to the
MunicipalCode. These are things that we should be aware of and your Commom
Council members need to know now that we oppose these changes.

Briefly there a changes being proposed by an internal work group to the
Munitipal Code Chapter 6 related to animals. The group is seeking our input
into the changes. We have until December 31 to make our comments and get the
dog community behind us.

This document is 28 pages long. Although there are many changes that will
affect dog owners - the most significant ones that I noted are:

Manditory spaying and neutering pet animals over the age of six months.
There is a provision for show dogs but only if the animal has actively
participated in shows in the previous twelve months.

Rabies Control - New exemption - but not titer

Grooming Establishment - added to code with general cleaning and animal
confinement rules.

Dangerous Animal section all new - requires obtaining a dangerous animal
license from the Health Inspector after complying with the terms for the
license.

Restricted Breeds - names specific breeds that require dangerous animal
license including:
bull terrier breed, Staffordshire bull terrier breed, American pit bull
terrier, American Staffordshire terrier breed, dogs of mixed breed knowns as
pit bulls, any dog that has the apperance and characteristics of being
predominantly of the breeds bull terrier, Staffordshire bull terrier,
American pit bull terrier, American Staffordshire terrier, any other breed
commonly known as pit bulls, pit bull dogs, pit bull terriers or a
combination of any of those breeds.

Also: Dogo Argentino, Canary Dog (Canary Island Dog, Presa Canario, Perro de
Perso Canario), Presa Mallorquin (Perro de Presa Mallorquin, Ca de Bou),
Toso Inu (Tosa Fighting Dog, Japanese Fighting Dog, Japanese Mastiff), Cane
Corso (Cane Di Macellaiio, Sicilian Branchiero), Fila Brasilerio and any dog
displaying the majority of physical traits of any one or more of the above
breeds.

GOOD NEWS - any pit bull dog or other restricted breed of dog that attends
and passes an AKC CGC program will be exempt from having to obtain a
restricted dog license upon providing the Health Director of designee with
proof of successful completion of said course

If you would like a copy of these code changes, please contact me. If you
would like to help in our fight against this please contact Steve Eichman.
We need your support today.

Pat Ferrell
ASSA Historian
(Am. Shetland Sheepdog Assoc.)