[ SHOWGSD-L ] FW: Pooch Back Home After 1,900-Mile Hurricane Trek

  • From: "MARGERY GOLANT" <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 01:32:56 -0400

Pooch Back Home After 1,900-Mile Hurricane Trek
Mon Oct 10, 2:47 PM ET

A dog named Buddy has been reunited with his owners, tracked down in New
Mexico a year after being reported missing in Hurricane Jeanne.

He arrived back into the arms of owners Cody and Debra Cable at West Palm
Beach International Airport over the weekend after a long road trip and
flight from out west.

The Golden Retriever Rescue League located Buddy and paid for his return,
first on a road trip from New Mexico to Austin, Texas, and then the flight
to Florida.

Buddy was turned in to a shleter, then given to the rescue group. His owners
were traced using a computer to read a minute microchip injected in his
body.

When the Cables met Buddy in baggage claim, he looked a little tired but
appeared happy to play with 8-year-old Cody after the 1,900-mile journey.

"He looked happy, really happy, when he saw me," Cody said. "I missed him. I
thought I would never get him back."

"I thought it was a prank call at first, because there's no way they could
have found him in New Mexico," Debra Cable said. "They wouldn't have found
it if it wasn't for the microchip that told them we were the owners."

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/DailyNews/ibsys/wpbf/SIG=esgjjm/*http://TheWPBFChann
el.comclass=regs> WPBF TheWPBFChannel.com. / Yahoo! Inc

Margery Golant
mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx