[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: FW: [MississippiPetLaw] Spay/Neuter Religious Objections

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx, "'Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 18:33:30 -0700 (PDT)

It can be argued that health is the best reason to neuter.  It prevents
specific cancer from occuring and extends the life of the animal.  It also
releaves the stress on both animal and involved humans if said animal cannot
reproduce.  It could indeed put the animal's life at risk, if for no other
reaon than the humans involved no longer want to deal with the issues the
animal brings forth.

  Now I am not for any legislation to neuter at all, but I do see it as pro
health and say as much to my clients.  I have spayed or neutered all the dogs I
have had that I did not want to breed, with the expection of Bucko who cannot
have surgery becuase of the lupus and Bertha who is just not done yet.  Liddy
was spayed when I knew I would not breed her again.
  sheila
  sheila

_____