[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: FW: How to Help After Katrina

  • From: <almanya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 19:10:34 -0400

What i had wished for after the two hurricanes that we took direct damaging
hits from...........
#1 just like the red cross set up supplies for people it would have been
great to have something for our dogs like this since we have well water and
2 weeks loss from electricity we had no water. I had filled up 2 garbage
cans of water for the dogs however it doesn't stay fresh for long
.........we had trouble getting water for ourselves so it would have been
great if someone passed out supplies for our dogs as
well..................we had a heck of a time finding water for our dogs!!
But we made it by rashioning our water & theirs...........
#2 even city water is contaminated so water is in great demand for humans
let alone our doggies.

#3 if there were places to get supplies for the dogs it would have been
great to know about it......for we certainly never heard about

Maybe these helpful suggestions might help for the LA area...........i don't
know......
Amy Safdir
Almanya Shepherds
www.almanyagsd.com