[ SHOWGSD-L ] FW: EPI

  • From: Katie Halfen <kthalfen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 16:16:40 -0400

there is a research project going on as we speak at Texas A & M to determine
the genetics of the disease.  They are trying to determine how it is inherited
and *hopefully*  will be able to come up with a genetic test in the future so
we can eliminate carriers from the breeding stock.  This is a horrible disease
to treat as a vet and to deal with as an owner.  Very expensive, several
complications and it shortens their life!

Katie Halfen DVM
Casamoko Shepherds
www.casamoko.com
We have Puppies!!