[ SHOWGSD-L ] Eye redness question.

  • From: PamJB1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 18:40:10 EST

Hi,
I'm wondering about a problem I noticed on my three year old bitch. She was
fine during the day, but sometime in the span of an hour or so, her eye
developed a dark red coloring in the whites. The iris and pupil are fine and
she
appears to have no discomfort or problem. The white of the eye above and below
the iris is a dark red color. The vet couldn't figure out what the problem
was,  so I'm asking if any of you have encountered this before? It has receded
small  amount in the last couple of days, but hasn't gone away. It's doesn't
look like  the typical bloodshot eye.
So, do any of you have any idea what's going on with her eye? I'm as sure  as
I can be that she didn't hit something or injure it.
Thanks for any ideas.
Pam

Pam  Brown
Aspen German Shepherds
Colorado
Pam and the  pack.
UKC.,ACHX, UD, UWP, CH, PAM 'Future' UD,OA,  NAJ, OAP, NJP, HT, PT, RE,
CGC, TT, TDI, NAC, HCT, ASCA UD, TC, DD

UKC  CDX 'Forever' CDX, RA, NAP, ASCA CD, CGC, HIC,TC, TDI

UKC CD AGII  'Terra' CD, HT, NA, NAJ, NJP, RE, HIC,ASCA CD, NAC
Gone to the Rainbow Bridge.

'Far' Title dog in  training