[ SHOWGSD-L ] Extremely interesting information regarding the National question

  • From: "MARGERY GOLANT" <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:13:38 -0500

Resending, without the =20s:
There is terrifically informative data at
http://www.jmadesign.com/Frankenhaus/GSDCAmaps.html which John Ayotte pulled
together, which addresses issues of National entry  based on the
geographical distribution of attendees, at many of our recent locations,
also with distribution of our membership generally for the same years, and
by comparing, you can see quite a lot about the situation.

I am sure this data will be perceived differently depending on whether the
reader is a "Group 1" or "Group 2", but it is extremely interesting, no
matter which camp you are in.  At Board meetings, we have looked at these
maps, and debated what they mean, and what guidance there is to be found in
them.

Of course, entry size doesn't necessarily relate directly to profitability,
since, as has already been discussed, the costs and expenses vary from site
to site.  However, everyone who has an opinion on this topic owes it to
themselves to look at John's work - there is no such thing as having too
much information.  Make sure to click at the top to see what the picture
looked like for 2003, 2003, 2000, 1999, 1998,1996.

Margery Golant

From: Lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 02/12/05 11:02:00
To: showgsd-l
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Fw: Re: accessibility as well as the rest

Which Nationals where the most profitible in the last 5-6 years