[ SHOWGSD-L ] Eurodogshow 2008

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 18:07:00 -0500

Not that I was planning to attend, but a friend in Canada just sent this
notice to me.  I thought some on our  list might not have heard this
information...
so I'm sharing............
         Peggy

WARNING!

To all exhibitors of Eurodogshow 2008
in Budapest, Hungary!

Do not enter or purchase exhibitor ticket yet!

Please, wait until the final deadline: 15-th August 2008!

Why? Because it is quite possible, that the show will be cancelled
and the money that you spent on the ticket will
never be refunded to you.

The Hungarian Kennel Club (MEOE) illegally organizes dog shows and
provides pedigree service for eight (8) years now.

The Hungarian Supreme Court brought a final(!) judgment against the
MEOE on April 4, 2007.

Four hundred million Forint (EURO 1.5 million, US$ 2.3 million)
penalty has to be paid by the MEOE to the Hungarian State for
illegally
organizing FCI CACIB dog shows since 2006.

When Dr. György Habsburg General Patron of the Show (Ambassador
extraordinary and plenipotentiary of Hungary for the European Union)
found out
about the illegal activities of the MEOE, he stopped sponsoring the
Europedogshow.
The MEOE also had to remove Mr. Habsburg's picture from the website
of the Eurodogshow.

For the same reason, in January 2008, another patron of the show,
Gabor Demszky, the Mayor of Budapest, also revoked  his support for the
show!
.
(The MEOE has not removed his name from the official website of the
show as of today: Feb/13/2008)

If you are fed up with the bulk stream of unacceptable quality
puppies from Hungarian puppy millers to your country, you can
understand why the Hungarian government regulates dog breeding, it is also
in your
interest:

The Budapest Metropolitan Court suspended the management of the MEOE
on December 19, 2007 and assigned a state controller to manage it
until further notice.
Assigning a supervisor inspector to the MEOE is in progress.
The judgment is a 1st level one, and final judgment can be expected
in the first half of 2008.

Please, forward this message to everyone you know who has plans to
enter the Eurodogshow 2008!

You can inquire for more information and verification on these facts
at the The Hungarian Embassy or Consulate in your own country