[ SHOWGSD-L ] Eugene Thompson/Heidelberg pulling dogs, unsportsmanlike conduct, IMO

  • From: "Cyndy Davis" <cyndyinseattle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: willowlakegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx, kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 20:50:23 -0800

At the Fort Worth Specialty show this year, Eugene Thompson of Heidelberg
had his co-owners pull all their dogs...I think there were 15 or so. The
judge didn't make it in, and we had to sub the judge with Dorothy Nichols.
So they pulled.  (Either because of the judge or they were scared away by
the huge ring!) ;)

No consideration for how much it takes to put on a specialty show, and how
poor regional clubs tend to be. None. Pulled every single dog and asked for
refunds of their entries, which of course we had to give.

I felt these actions were extremely inconsiderate, and unsportsmanlike. I
hope there may be someone with one of his dogs lurking on this list who will
see that this ISN'T
the way things work, and that WASN'T the right thing to do.

Please if you are going to pull for a judge change or another reason that
entitles you to your entry, let the club keep your entry fees. It's not
their fault.

Cyndy Davis