[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ethics committee Chairperson

  • From: Ginialtman@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 15:47:18 EST

Danny has been Ethics Chair for a number of years. If there are problems
between members that are ongoing in the nature of a misunderstanding  between
the
parties or a disagreement in terms or other dispute and  the member requests
help by contacting the Ethics chair or a member of  the Board that then refers
them to the Ethics Chair, the Ethics Chair  assists them in resolving their
issues.  Many times it is not a clear cut  ethical issue. Danny contacts the
parties to help them come to an  agreement. Danny handled some 20 to as many as
40 issues during the time I  was president.  Some of these issues might have
ended up as formal  complaints but Danny has a unique ability to help folks
resolve their issues.  Danny always kept the names of the parties and the
nature
of their complaint  confidential. His reports to the Board were pretty
generic--such  as "xx number of issues were resolved and xx number are still
open".
It takes a pretty special person to do that kind of work.

Ginny Altman

In a message dated 11/4/2006 2:09:13 P.M. Central Standard Time, "Marie
Fedorow-Regal Thunder" <rthunder@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
I see  that Danny Dwier is the Ethics Committee Chairperson,.  What does this
 position entails and what are his duties.
Thank you.
Marie  Fedorow
Regal Thunder

Ginny Altman

"Please let me be as kind,  intelligent, and wonderful as my dog thinks I
am."