[ SHOWGSD-L ] Ethical Breeders/Owers GSDs

  • From: RopajaGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 21:05:11 EDT

Kathy,
You are correct in stating that there are many ethical and honest
breeders/owners..specifically as to their stud dogs...I have been and still am
in the
process of researching stud dogs that I think would be a good match for  my
lines and the ones that I have personally contacted (email and telephone)  have
been very forthcoming and no one had a problem with my questions...there  are
always rumors and such going around..some turn out to be factual and others
are just that rumors...however when it comes to something that I am interested
in...I go to the owner/breeder to get answers because a) they should  know; b)
they should be willing to share what they know (the ones that I have
contacted..have); c) I think it is very important for breeders to share what
their
line is or is not producing...because if I do not have the info...and I  have
some corresponding gene/problem/issue whatever in my line and it is  reproduced
because someone was not honest....well that will go against their  bloodline
as well as mine...so in the end no one wins...but when we are honest  about
what is or is not in our lines that we know about....then we all
win...especially our wonderful GSD breed....just thought I would share my
experience...Pauline

Pauline Moon  - _www.ropajagsd.com_ (http://www.ropajagsd.com/)
Ropaja German  Shepherds: Member: GSDCAmercia & GSDCAtlanta - BIS BISS Ch
Ropaja's Chateau  Beaujolais OFA HIC; BISS Ch Ropaja's Chateau Beaulieu OFA
HIC;
Ropaja's Viva  L'Endimanche OFA; Beecher (GSD Retired Seeing Eye Dog); Ch
Ropaja's Fils De La  Rue OFA(waiting at Rainbow Bridge)