[ SHOWGSD-L ] Estate Sale

  • From: Carolyn Putnam <kleinkauf2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 20:55:46 -0700

For those that might be interested....due to the death of a family
member recently, so friends have some property for sale if anyone is
interested.
Item 1: It is a 1995 Winnebago Itasca Suncruiser.  It is 37' long with a
14' slide-out (may not be exact...we didn't measure but it is at least
12' but could be as much as 16') which enlarges the dining/kitchen and
living room areas.  I believe the awning over the slider was replaced in
the last year or two.  The patio awning is about 16' long and the last
time we extended it, we couldn't get it to open the whole way so it does
need to be looked at (perhaps we are just inept :-) .  The bedroom is in
the rear, the bathroom (which has a glass enclosed shower which is a
good size) is in the middle and the dining/kitchen and living area is in
the front. It has a dual heating and air-conditioning system that heats
and cools the front and the back areas, and both systems were working
fine the last time I stayed there.  There is a satellite system with 2
TV's, one is only a couple of years old and they both work fine.  The
refrigerator was replaced just over a year ago ($1800) and is in great
shape.  The RV has not been driven for over a year but the engine does
start and seems to run well.  It was lived in it full time for the past
4 years so there has been wear and tear beyond what you would expect if
it were only used once in a while, mostly the carpeting (which has some
dark stains from coffee that was spilled that don't seem to want to come
out plus some soil stains that are also stubborn), the cushions in the
kitchenette are o.k. but could use new covers (complete replacement is
about $100) and the couch is old but is still serviceable (you might
want to put a slip-cover on it).  Replacing them would be a judgement
call for a buyer to make.  The curtains are fine and are both washable
and reverseable plus all the windows have slide-down shades which are in
good condition.  The holding tank needs to be power washed because it
has been sitting for so long with constant use.  This is not unusual.
There is lots of closet space (the entire back wall of the bedroom with
some drawer space), above the bed, one nightstand, and two 2' wide floor
to ceiling in the bathroom with one drawer under each plus under the
sink).  There are 2 pantry cupboards with 3 or 4 small drawers below
each; cabinets below and above the sink,  above the stove and
refrigerator; a drawer under each seat of the kitchenette; and storage
above the driver and passenger seats.  There is a ton of storage
underneath the RV.  My dad had set up a computer table by the dashboard
in front of the passenger seat which worked out well.  That, of course,
has been removed but thought you would like to know about the idea.

If you go to the NADA website, you can see what they say the RV is
worth.  The base "low blue book" value is about $23,000 which takes into
consideration the wear and tear but does not include any of the "extras"
like the slide-out, satellite system, air-conditioning/heating, double
motorized steps, etc..  The value including those items is about $35,000
(I can fax you a copy if you are interested).  Our as-is asking price
is  $20,000.

Item 2:  Home in Glendale, AZ
.  It's about 5000 sq. ft. with a full basement (which includes a huge
room with pool table, small hobby room and good sized workshop, 120 gal.
solar water heater, bathroom with whirlpool tub and 2 of the bedrooms),
built-in pool and RV parking.  Great kitchen with lots of cabinets...I
mean lots of cabinets...plus walk in pantry, Living Room, Dining Room,
Breakfast area, family room with fireplace, 5 bedrooms, 4.5 baths, 2-car
garage, circular driveway, large sitting room off of Master bedroom.
$507,000.  Listed with Diane Felder of Independence Realty
Professionals, 602-620-8809.

Carolyn Putnam