[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Energency

  • From: MidniteGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: zgrace_grace@xxxxxxxxx, stormygsd@xxxxxxx, dorieray@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Germanshepherds4Show@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 23:58:05 EST

Just to put a different spin on this thread. I was bit in the face by our
family german shepherd when I was 8 years old. The dog was fed once a day; it
was very hot & humid, I simply went up to him and put my arms around his  neck
while my mother was preparing his food (he was waiting at the counter) and  he
turned without growling and bit. It was bad enough for stitches, they were
punctures not a ripping attack. My mother wanted to destroy the dog. The vet
talked her out of it as he said it was the circumstance that the dog thought I
was pulling him from his food. That dog never bit again, never growled, was
so  even tempered and was a loyal protector of us kids for 14 years. I think
you  need to know all the facts when deciding the fate of the dog.  Just my
experience.. now, if I had one that was unsound and went for little kids for no

reason, I agree, it would be a one way trip to the vet..

Brenda Banister
www.midnightsunsheperds.com