[ SHOWGSD-L ] Encourage, don't discourage. Let's forget the personal attacks.

  • From: "antonio ybarra" <antybo0@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 16:49:47 -0700

I've been reading all of the e-mails regarding Mr. Hunte, and I'm left
wondering how many people know him personally?  Have they been to his
property?  Why do people want to keep him out of the GSDCA?  Is that the
popular thing to think or does it make us feel good knowing that he's kept
out?  Is this a way to attack others associated with him?

What has happened to no personal attacks on this list?  This is an
individual who has his own perspective on things as does each of us.  Let's
talk about the issues that upset us and not about the people.  If we want to
talk about individual people, let's talk about people who knowingly sell
dogs with hip and elbow, ear, temperament, or social problems.  How about
dogs that are sent in deplorable condition and puppies sent with parasites.
I have been to kennels of "icons" who are afraid of opening the doors to the
runs because the dog doesn't know what to do outside of the run.

Let's not presume that we can make the breed better by keeping people and
ideas out.  Embrace new comers and people who are interested.  Teach them
what's special and unique about German shepherds.  Do it with joy and
enthusiasm and you can trust that your vision will endure.

Regards,
J Antonio

Spaces