[ SHOWGSD-L ] Ears.....figured them out!

  • From: "Maureen" <murk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Show GSD" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 20:13:37 -0500

Bullwinkle's ear were up at 13-14 weeks and then he got a NASTY yeast
infection in his left ear. It got so bad so fast, that it just HUNG DOWN. I
have worried us both to death trying to get it back up. It had a crease
about half way down the outside part of his ear.
   I glued the ears, many times and regardless of how much glue I used,
generally within 24 hours they came unglued. I even super glued them
together.
   Then I tried rollers and taping them together.........again that stayed
maybe 24 hours. That left ear I guess, was just HEAVY and would work it's
way out.
   I got to "pondering" (as they say in Texas) the situation......  Got my
good old duct tape (duct tape or nail glue works on everything!) I put a 2
inch strip on the out side of the back of his ear. The ear was coming
up......I reinforced it with another strip. You could still see the
crease......so I got a cuticle stick and broke it in half. I duct taped the
cuticle stick right over the crease! HIS EAR WENT UP.....AND STAYED
UP!!!!!!!!!
    There isn't all that crap in the ear canal to cause problems there. It
is light.....not something he can scratch off......AND something the other
dogs can grab. The cuticle stick is strong enough to really brace that
crease.
   I am so proud of myself! Now I can quit being so jealous of the PERFECT
ear sets on his brother and sisters. Mo
Konigin German Shepherds
Home of ....
BISS Sel. EX CH Konigin's Phantom of the Opera TC HIC TD
Ch. Abraxas Lil Shot V Konigin TC CGC TD
Konigin's Great Balls Afire TC CGC TD and 2005 Goodwill Ambassador
The Legacy Continues........