[ SHOWGSD-L ] EXCITING-big day tomorrow on Africam-the waterhole

  • From: cheradongsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 09:53:56 -0500

Hi all,
Tomorrow morning--Wednesday, 11/21/07--I believe at 10:00 am EST, we will get
to meet Ranger Campbell--LIVE--IN PERSON at the waterhole.?This is going to be
exciting--He will be answering questions that members have posted and talking
about the waterhole--?I believe he is one of the most important people there
responsible for Africam being what it is.? I copied a post of his (I am sure
this is ok) from one of the forums? there and I thought it would be interesting
to all you "Africam Addicts" like me--so here it is:

Dear Members.

Africam was the first in the world to bring you live images from the African
bush, and we where the first to bring you live streaming video of the daily
trails and tribulations of an African waterhole. Being the first has definitely
had its challenges and has resulted in countless delays. Africam has in the
past 6 months consolidated its resources, concentrating on the technology that
brings you live stream video from Africa. Over the next few days and weeks you
will see a number changes to the website and lots of other changes behind the
scenes.

As many of you know for the past 14 months we have been streaming through a
company in Canada called Wavelit. Now with the support and help of Kids in the
Nest (kidsinthenest.com), we have decided to move away from Wavelit, and run
our streaming content independently. Kids in the Nest is a non profit
educational society dedicated to educating our children on wildlife and
environmental issues. We welcome them to the Africam family, especially Ms
Charlie whose dedication and support has helped us over this period.

This new move will allow us to be the masters of our own destiny, and less
reliant on other companies and organizations for the delivery of our content.
Soon we will also be operating on our new, VPN network in South Africa that
will allow us to expand and add additional content like the much anticipated
Elephant Plains waterhole. The delay in this regards has been due to our local
service provider having to upgrade the local provincial network in order to get
the capacity to take on an additional feed. We expect that with this new
network we will be able to add additional content quicker and more effectively
bringing you more cameras and greater diversity from around South Africa.

Lastly, Africam is made up of a small group of highly dedicated individuals,
who have committed everything to bringing you live content. Africam is free to
all viewers and we have not restricted the number of people that can watch
simultaneously. Few people realize the cost of streaming such content from
Africa and as a result we rely on advertising revenue to fund our operation, we
are looking into alternative revenue models for those of you who find the
advertising offensive especially the Kids. But for now we would appreciate you
patients.

Regards

Campbell

Cheri Hunt----Cheradon Shepherds
Home of Ch. Cheradon AchtungErynbrook Molokai, TC, OFA H&E, PA,TH,CA, Eyes
Cert. and Certificate of Health Merit Excellent from the GSDCA (aka Ch. Mikey)
Ch. Mikey
and his sister, Cameo --see her here: Cameo's site

http://mail.aol.com