[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: EH ?? now real pigment or dye?

  • From: "Liane Fossland" <lfossland@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <grnram415@xxxxxxx>, "'freelist'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 12:56:19 -0700

I agree, however, it is all well and good. But you can also be wrong with
that. I f.i. have a dog who is a champion and also has his CD. Never thought
of getting him advertised for stud. I loved his coloring, still do, He has a
beautiful coat and that black and red that one likes. Has a good pedigree
too. So, I get this bitch and since I wanted that rich pigment in the pups
which the bitch did not have I decided to breed those two. Guess what? I did
not get a single one of the 8 pups with his pigment, not a single one! I
still can't believe he did not produce this in his progeny. He was bred once
before to another bitch, there were pups but I have never seen them. So,
what I am saying is that it is possible you don't really get what you think
the stud has to offer..and he was NEVER dyed. This great pigment came from
his grand dam, a Andretti daughter.

  _____

From: DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx