[ SHOWGSD-L ] Double Major Brags for Littermates

  • From: "Kay Springer" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "showgsd@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 13:39:17 -0700

This past weekend the annual four Woofstock shows were held in
Vallejo, CA.  Love, peace, flowers, 60's music and tie dye was
everywhere.  Some handlers and judges were so dressed in 60's hippy
garb that it was impossible to recognize them.   It is a great circuit
that I encourage everyone to come at least once.  The show giving
clubs are great to work with and the German Shepherd Dog Fanciers of
Northern California do supported entries for all four shows with
beautiful colorful glass trophies. The club gives us a very large
ring, away from other rings, lots of shade and hires judges that have
a solid GSD background. And the show secretary loves GSDs and sees
that the AKC rep is no where in sight of us!!  LOL

Two Strider kids (Covy Tucker Hill's Fireworks of Showboat and sister,
Covy Tucker Hill's Mystic Fire) were shown on Friday, Saturday and
Sunday as those shows were majors.  On Saturday, under judge Linda
Clark, the two kids both won their American Bred class and went on to
WD and WB/BOW respectively for major wins. WOW, this was really
amazing as I have never had litter mates win majors at the same show!
This brings Magnum's, aka Nonobaddog, points to 12 needing one major
to finish. Mysty, aka Mystevious, now has 12 points and needs 3 minors
to finish. Both Magnum and Mysty were RWD & RWB on Sunday.

My thanks to Art Sinclair  for piloting Magnum to his major win and
also for showing Mysty for her class win, but since he had to stay on
his open class winner, co-owner Bill Petterson took Mysty back in for
winners and took the major and also went BOW with her in breed
competition. Thanks to Debbie Hopkins for the great grooming job on
the kids, especially Mysty who is just coming into coat after blowing
coat almost down to her skin!  And thank you to the crowd support on
Saturday as it was overwhelming for both kids.

For those of you who don't know, our judge Linda Clark was a top
professional handler for many years and showed several top ranked
German Shepherds.  Her ring procedure is flawless and she is
efficient, quick and very professional not to mention her perfect
modified tie dye dress and scarf.  She did a perfect loose lead
temperament test.  A real pleasure to show under her. I would
encourage any clubs looks for a good GSD judge to consider her
especially if you work with all breed clubs as she can do several
breeds and that is one of the things all breed clubs look at when
selecting judges.

It was a great weekend for many of us and the major wins were spread
around.  Two people went home with finished champions and other got
their first major on a young dog. A Strider grandson was WD for a
major on Sunday so that was fun to see.

The littermates were bred by Gloria Birch and Cappy Pottle out of Covy
Tucker Hill's Wildfire II by my GCh. Rohan's Reward ROM, TC, CGC, HT,
RE, CDX DM clear, GSDCA Health Award of Merit.  Both Magnum and Mysty
are owned by myself and co-owner Bill Petterson.

Doing the Happy Dance in Northern California for many days!

Kay Springer
showgsd@xxxxxxx
www.showboatgsd.com

http://showgsd.org/mail.html