[ SHOWGSD-L ] Don Kille

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 23:15:12 EDT

Don Kille was a friend, and I enjoyed showing against him years ago.

I was at his home in 1983, and he took me to see a male he had that he
wanted me to breed my bitch to.  The first thing I noticed was a missing  ear.
Then
he showed me the dog up close, one eye was sewn shut.  He had  only a few
teeth that were not broken out, and was wagging a tail shortened for  some
reason.

Don told me his name, it was Fat Albert.

I told him, "You want me to breed to a one eared, half blind, toothless dog
named Fat Albert?"  We both laughed.

I remember a Fat Albert daughter called Miss Calabash.  She was shown  in
Buffalo by Don under Ralph Roberts.  She was in second and the crowd  wanted
her
moved up. We yelled and applauded, and when Ralph seemed to ignore  us, we
started to stamp our feet. Then it started to get loud, we were yelling,
stamping clapping, and standing, each time Miss Calabash went around. Finally
Ralph
stopped judging, turned to us, and said, "I am not going to move her up,  so
sit down."   Again we all laughed.

When I think of Don I will always smile, and to me, that is the best memory
of any person I can imagine.

Each time a great friend dies, I wonder again why I am still here to post,
and they are not?  I have no answer, but will always remember them with a
sense of loss, and a bit of guilt.

Evan
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come   together

In a message dated 6/16/2008 2:41:06 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx writes:

Don  passed away last  night

fuel-efficient used cars.