[ SHOWGSD-L ] Dogshow Questions

  • From: Blackoaks1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 17:40:25 EST

At the All breed shows we attended this weekend the Judge did something I
have never seen done before. There were four bitches entered in the BBE class.
He did the individuals, then moved the class. He then made some adjustments,
and  sent one of the bitches out. He then called the class to the middle of the
ring,  and talked to the owner/handlers. He then gave out ribbons for 2nd.,
3rd., and  4th. place. He stated that he felt they all were "pets." My question
is, do  the three he placed count for the point total?
As a breeder I did notice that alot of the entries, both male and  female
were lacking in correct underjaw. Is this becomming a problem in the  breed
again? Some of the males had nice wide skulls, but snipy forefaces, and  weak
bottom jaws. The Standard calls for strongly developed jaws, and I noticed
alot of
incorrect heads at this show.I hope this is not a new trend.
                                                  Marcia Hadley

http://members.aol.com/Gsdman2/Mikey.html