[ SHOWGSD-L ] Dog's version of "Eve of Destruction"

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 17:04:08 -0500

Okay all you baby boomers......remember the song of "Eve of
Destruction?"  Well here's a "doggie" version of it.  Yup.....too much
time on my hands.  LOL,  Barbara

The Dog World it is explodin'
Legislation flarin, new laws a loadin'
We're old enough to fight, but not for votin'
We don't believe in war, but what's that senator trying to coaxing
and even the Animal Right activists has bodies gloating
but you tell me over and over and over again by friend,
ah, you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction.

Don't you understand, what I'm trying to say?
Can can't you feel the fears that I'm feeling today?
If the law is passed, there's no running away,
There'll be no dogs to show with the dog world in a grave,
take a look around you boy, it's bound to scare you, boy,
and you tell me over and over and over again my friend,
ah, you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction.

Yeah, my blood's so mad, feels like coagulatin',
I'm sittin' here, just contemplatin',
I can't twist the truth, it knows no regulation,
handful of Senators want to pass legislation,
and writing letters alone can't bring regulation,
when human respect is disintegratin',
this whole crazy world is just too frustratin'
and you tell me over and over and over again my friend,
ah, you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction.

Think of all the hate there is in the PAWS orgainzation,
then take a look at how the media adds to the sensation,
Ah, you may leave here, for four days of dog shows,
but when you return, it's the same old foes,
the poundin' of the enemy, the pride of the fancy,

We can bury the legislative bill, but don't leave a trace,
hate your next-door-neighbors dog, but don't forget to say grace,
and you tell me over and over and over and over again my friend,
ah, you don't believe we're on the eve of destruction.