[ SHOWGSD-L ] Doggy Mom's Letter to Santa & Happy Holidays to All

  • From: <cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-L" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 14:54:31 -0500

Happy Holidays Everyone!   This was written by Jodi Eckardt on The Dog
Place.org.  It's so cute that I just had to share...
            December 2006

            Dear Santa,

            I've been a good doggy mom all year. I've fed, cleaned and cuddled
            my dogs on demand, visited the Vet's office more than my own
doctor,
            spend more on their shampoos and conditioners than I do for myself,
            and most of the time they are groomed better than I am.  I was
            hoping you could spread my list out over several Christmases, since
            I had to write this letter with my a black marker pen on the back
of
            a dog food receipt in the laundry room between cycles of dog
            bedding, and who knows when I'll find anymore free time in the near
            future with puppies coming and dog shows on the horizon.

            Here are my Christmas wishes:

            I'd like a pair of legs that don't ache (in any color, except
            purple, which I already have) and arms that don't hurt or flap in
            the breeze; but are strong enough to put my struggling dog into the
            tub for a bath.

            I'd also like a waist, since I lost mine somewhere eating dog show
            food and at least three show outfits and some jeans that will zip
            all the way up without the use of power tools.

            If you're hauling big ticket items this year I'd like nose-print
            resistant windows, floors that clean themselves,  and a
refrigerator
            with a secret compartment behind the crisper where I can hide to
eat
            my own snacks without having to share with a pack of barking
            maniacs.

            On the practical side, I could use a battery operated dog that is
            always stacked perfectly and moves to perfection on my command to
            boost my showing confidence, along with at least two bitches who
            don't bump each other to start a fight.

            I could also use a recording of The Dog Whisperer chanting "Don't
            pee in the living room" and "Get off of her, she is not in heat"
            because my voice seems to be just out of my dog's hearing range and
            can only be heard by the next door neighbors who are at least an
            acre away.

            If it's too late to find any of these things, I'd settle for enough
            time to brush my teeth and comb my hair in the same morning, or the
            luxury of eating food warmer than room temperature without it being
            served in a Styrofoam container at a dog show.

            If you don't mind, I could also use a few Christmas miracles to
            brighten the holiday season. Would it be too much trouble to
declare
            a doggy lock down session? It will clear my conscience immensely
            when I look at those miserable little faces.

            It would be helpful if you could coerce my husband and children to
            help around the house without demanding payment as if they were the
            bosses of an organized crime family because after all, this is for
            MY Dogs!

            Well, Santa, the buzzer on the dryer is ringing and some of my dogs
            saw my feet under the laundry room door. They think I am eating
            dinner in here again and they are missing out on leftovers.

            Have a safe trip and remember to leave your wet boots by the door
            and look down so that you don't step into an "accident".

            I would have left cookies, but between the dogs and the cat, there
            is no chance that anything other than drool will be left on the
            plate.  I left you a Hot Toddy to warm you from the cold, but after
            a day like this, I drank it myself.

            Yours Always,

            Doggy Mom

            P.S. One more thing... you can cancel all my requests if you can
            keep my "doggy kids" in perfect show coats so that they win at the
            shows.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah.

Paulette McGuirt