[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Dog attacks

  • From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 22:45:00 EST

Dogs are animals..(talk about preaching to the choir), and, as such, have
good reasons for every single thing they do. We may not understand or
appreciate
 these reasons, but to the dog (or any other animal, for that matter), their
actions make good sense to them. When their logical actions are harmful, we
have  no recourse but to punish the dog appropriate to the crime. The crime of
biting  (child or anyone) without good provocation is a capital crime. The dog
cannot be  imprisoned or preached to, or rehabilitated like a human. It can
only be treated  like a dog, whose unprovoked bite (to us) is usually, and
rightfully, punishable  by euthanasia. There are millions of good dogs  who do
not bite children in the face. These are the dogs we need to see get good
homes
and good lives. I put a dog down a couple of years ago who was one of the
smartest, most beautiful dogs I have ever seen or owned. He threatened me
constantly, and went for me once. I was saved by my trainer. I still stupidly
persevered. I finally had to admit I could not civilize this dog, and make him
safe. I loved him, and still do.
Hard decisions for hard dogs.  Syd

On The Death Of Mufasa

Where do the bad dogs go when they die?
The dogs that only  know how to defy?
Where do the bad dogs go in disgrace?
Do we send them  off to a better place
That has no tears, and where love abounds?
Where  do they go...
These ungrateful hounds?

These snarlers, these growlers, these biters of hands
That  willingly feed them
And make no demands?
That turn on the ones that love  them so much
And try to teach them to endure the touch
Of a loving  friend?
Where do they go
In the end?

Is the Rainbow Bridge there for them?
Will the Rainbow  Bridge let them in?
Will they become the pup they were
Loving and happy,  the bundle of fur
That had no sin?

Mufasa...you can wait for me
And I will come and brush  your fur
And kiss your head, and you will be
The dog I always knew you  were.

At the Bridge.

Syd

Syd Mailberg  425-432-4144
23910 SE 276th St
Maple Valley, Wa. 98038
"SHOW ME THE  SHEEP" bandanas on  website
www.kingswoodgermanshepherds.homestead.com