[ SHOWGSD-L ] Dog Stories

  • From: Blackoaksgs@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 19:17:11 EST

or...The Adventures Of "Humpy-Stilt-Skin"
Our 4 1/2 month old show prospect, Black Oak's "The Godfather," aka Michael
has gone to stay with my daughter Gina, and her family. He left on Saturday
afternoon. He seems to like being a house puppy just fine. Helped himself to
multiple ornaments off the tree, chewed on my grand daughter Angie's Pug
slippers,
and slept with Angie for several hours Saturday night on a pallet on the
floor.Went out at 4:a.m to potty, then into his crate until 7:30 a.m. when
Angie
got up, and let him out. All seemed well. He spent time out in the big run with
his Aunt Katie during the day, and slept part of Sunday night in Angie's
bed.The only problem? He would not eat...anything.
So last night Gina came to get me, to see if he would eat in my presence.
When she brought him in, he ran to the sofa where I was sitting, and leaped up.
As soon as his tummy hit the sofa, he got a goofy look on his face and humped
the sofa. My grandkids laughed hysterically, and promptly named him Humpy-
Stilt-Skin. On a nicer note, he ate most of his food, and learned in five
minutes
to give his paw. How cute. He flops that huge paw right out when we
say,"Gimmee Five."While I was there, he chewed his toy, and lost a puppy molar.
I kept
it. Time will tell if he will be a Star, or not, but the memories he is making
now will stay with us forever. Merry Christmas To All.  Marcia and Gina
Black Oak's  Missouri