[ SHOWGSD-L ] Different outlook

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 22:36:37 EDT

In a message dated 8/8/2009 7:18:30 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dan-ann@xxxxxxxx writes:
What you  have just brought up is the reason I have twice questioned the
number of  new people joining the PC.I would love to think it is people
buying a  puppy and wanting to be active in showing but the numbers at
shows
do not  indicate this -There is so much strife  in this club right now it
would be very easy to move in and take over.

Everyone needs to vote  for strong leaders who are not afraid to stand up
and
speak their  minds.  We don't need yes men right now

I agree with Sally. But, I don't want to be paranoid and I  sure don't want
to cry wolf.  I do think when we vote this year we consider  the positions
of those board members, and put in those who we support.  It  is important
to continue to be careful for the future of our club, and our  breed.

But, if the pods take over, I either will join them, or find  another pond
to swim in.  If the majority of the board and the club wants  to go over to
Schutzhund work, they have the right to do so. If they want to  change the
standard, and we vote for it, so be it.  While I appreciate the  other
activities of the dog world, I prefer conformation, but I am but one  vote.

Fear is not valuable but eternal vigilance is.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/