[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Deny a vote would limit the rights to be heard

  • From: Melanie Fuellgraf <valleydogs2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 15:59:29 -0700 (PDT)

But Evan, that is exactly what has happened with the decision to "draft a
letter to the AKC to permit the establishment of the White Shepherd/Berger
Blanc Suisse as a separate breed within the Foundation Stock Service"

The petition that was submitted to the BOD with 368 signatures, never
progressed past the BOD for a membership vote.   That was because this petition
did not address a standard change or a change to the bylaws. So, even though a
significant number of members voiced their opinion regarding this,it was sill
up to the BOD to address the item or not.   The members were never given the
opportunity to vote on this.

A friend of mine sent me the following links,  pretty frustrating, as it
appears decisions have already been made by some BOD members even before AWSA
has made their presentations to the BOD.

 So, I have asked this before and I will ask again, why will the BOD permit the
membership to vote on removing the white coat as a disqualifing fault and NOT
permit the membership to vote on allowing the White Shepherd/Berger Blanc
Suisse as a separate breed within the AKC FSS?

They are two entirely separate issues and both of them are in my opinion
equally important to the breed and membership, why can't both of them be sent
to the membership for a vote?
Thanks,
Melanie Fuellgraf

________________________________

Msg: #6 in digest
From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 16:27:12 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Deny a vote would limit the rights to be heard

From what I have seen, the board wants the membership to decide the  issue.

What is being suggested would be a petition to not allow the membership to
vote.

That does not seem right to me.  If a great percentage of the  membership
does or does not want something, let them say so with a vote.

Don't try to stop something from being voted on.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
gsyrfund.com
Asgard German  Shepherds
_http://www.asgardgsd.com_/ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come  together

In a message dated 9/7/13 11:34:00 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

This  Board wants to change it to lift the white DQ.
Perhaps a great percentage  of the membership does  not??