[ SHOWGSD-L ] Delta loses Army Family's GSD in Atlanta airport

  • From: Scharo777@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 13:39:39 -0500 (EST)

Off the AOL news

_Delta Air  Lines_ (http://www.delta.com)  is offering a $1,000 reward
after losing an Army family's  German Shepherd-mix dog at Atlanta's Hartsfield
Airport.
The dog, Nala, went missing last week while being transferred from a
flight from San Diego to one headed to Frankfurt, Germany. The family's other
dog, a beagle, arrived in Germany without a hitch.

"It's devastating,"  says Alisa Miller, 30, the dog's owner, whose husband
is newly stationed outside  of Frankfurt, and who flew to Atlanta to _search
for her pet_
(http://www.11alive.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=170326&catid=3) .

"She's  never ran away before, I don't know where she would go, I don't
know where to  look, I don't know this area," Miller says. "I just pray that
Nala is found  healthy and alive, and that I can bring her back home."

Delta spokeswoman  Susan Elliott tells _AOL Travel News_
(http://news.travel.aol.com/)  the dog escaped from its crate at the  airport.

"We immediately initiated a search and we were in contact with  the owner.
We have a $1,000 reward out," Elliott says. "We want to help the  customer
find her dog and have been doing everything we can to support that  effort.
We are working with her very aggressively to see what we can  do."

Elliott adds she and other dog-loving employees are particularly
sympathetic to Miller's plight.

"This is something very near and dear to  many employees here at Delta who
have animals of their own," Elliott says. "I  have two dogs so I was loving
all over them last night."

More Articles You Might Like

    *   _Man  Tries to Bring Turkey On Plane_
(http://news.travel.aol.com/2010/12/30/man-tries-to-bring-turkey-on-plane/)
[AOL  Travel]

    *   _Air India Plane Plunges 7,000 Feet During Pilot's Bathroom  Break_
(http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/02/air-india-express-pilot-s_n_790881
.html)  [Huffington Post]

    *   _Winter Cheer: 15 Fantastic Photos from America's Cold Spots_
(http://travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/countries/winter-us-photos/?source=ao
l1202001)   [National Geographic]

    *   _6 Ways to Survive Holiday Travel_
(http://www.rd.com/home-garden/6-ways-to-survive-holiday-travel/article187137.html)
  [Reader's  Digest]

    *   _Where Americans Earn the Most (Top 20 Cities)_
(http://www.forbes.com/2010/11/30/american-cities-median-family-income-lifestyle-real-estate-ear
n.html?boxes=Homepagechannels)  [Forbes]

Photo,  Family/Delta
Filed Under: _News_ (/category/news/)
Tags: _airlines_ (http://news.travel.aol.com/tag/airlines/) , _airplane_
(http://news.travel.aol.com/tag/airplane/) , _atlanta_
(http://news.travel.aol.com/tag/atlanta/) , _delta  air lines_
(http://news.travel.aol.com/tag/delta+air+lines/) , _dog_
(http://news.travel.aol.com/tag/dog/) , _frankfurt_
(http://news.travel.aol.com/tag/frankfurt/) , _Germany_
(http://news.travel.aol.com/tag/Germany/) , _hartsfield airport_
(http://news.travel.aol.com/tag/hartsfield+airport/)

_Print  this page_ (javascript:window.print();) |_Email_
(http://share.aol.com/sendmail/aolshare?pu=http://news.travel.aol.com/2010/12/30/delta-loses-ar
my-officer-s-german-shepherd/?ncid=AOLCOMMtravsharartl0001&a_dgi=aolshare_em
ail&pt=Delta%20Loses%20Army%20Family's%20German%20Shepherd&pd=) _Share on
Facebook_
(http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http://news.travel.aol.com/2010/12/30/delta-loses-army-officer-s-german-shepherd/?ncid=AOLCOMMtravsharartl
0001&a_dgi=aolshare_facebook&t=Delta%20Loses%20Army%20Family's%20German%20Sh
epherd) _Share on Twitter_
(http://twitter.com/share?url=http://news.travel.aol.com/2010/12/30/delta-loses-army-officer-s-german-shep
herd/?ncid=AOLCOMMtravsharartl0001&a_dgi=aolshare_twitter&text=Delta%20Loses%20Army%20Family's%
20German%20Shepherd&via=AOL) _Share on Digg_
(http://digg.com/submit?url=http://news.travel.aol.com/2010/12/30/delta-loses-army-officer-s-german-shepher
d/?ncid=AOLCOMMtravsharartl0001&a_dgi=aolshare_digg&title=Delta%20Loses%20Ar
my%20Family's%20German%20Shepherd&description=) _Share on Lifestream_
(http://lifestream.aol.com/share/?url=http://news.travel.aol.com/2010/12/30/delta-
loses-army-officer-s-german-shepherd/?ncid=AOLCOMMtravsharartl0001&a_dgi=aol
share_lifestream&title=Delta%20Loses%20Army%20Family's%20German%20Shepherd&d
escription=)