[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Delta Increase for pets as "excess baggage"

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 07:12:07 -0700 (PDT)

There was a time when I would take a dog to a show for the practice even if the
points were very low or none.  The PH is entered tomorrow in Treasure Coast.
She is the only bitch.  This is 120 miles away or so.  I have convienced the
owner that we should not go.  Most of a tank of gas to do this day at 3.65 and
up per gallon.  Not happening.

  We are taking her to a farmer's market instead.  It is only about 20 miles
away and the owner loves when I bring a dog.

  I have to be in Maryland, as I have mentioned, rather than drive up with one
of my dogs, I have contacted a friend who does rescue up there.  She said she
would be glad to loan me a dog and whatever else I need for my stay in my
otherwise empty townhouse.  I am hoping to use the auto train as that would
give me my own vehicle and the crate and water buckets that are always there.
It also give me GPS which I now prefer to have when tooling in the old hood.
If I go places I have not traveled in several years, I now need some help.  A
POS rental car will not be enough and I dread the thought of flying anyway.

  Gas has once again changed the way I live.  Daily, I don't drive until and
unless I have a full list and a plan for what to do in what order.  I can't
take the costs.  I am dying to pay off this van and get a smaller one now that
the kids are grown up.  I want a hybred if I can get one next time.
  sheila
Melissa <melanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Just found out that Delta is now charging $200 for your dog to go with you on
the same flight as excess baggage! I can definately say for myself that this
and the price of gas will be impacting how far I will go to show a dog from now
on.

Melissa
www.melanashepherds.com