[ SHOWGSD-L ] Delaware Valley extravaganza

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 08:22:12 EDT

I went to the Delaware Valley GSDC specialty yesterday.  Pulled into  the
parking lot in Kuhn Park and WOW!!!  Is this a National???

There were 4 rings going at the same time. Conformation, Obedience, Rally,
different breeds, LOTS of people and LOTS of dogs.  It felt like an all
breed. And the weather was PERFECT!!  Dean must be  connected....<G>

The staff was everywhere (members all wearing shirts that displayed  the
club's logo) helping, answering questions, or just saying Hi.  The food
vendor was ready for a big crowd, for breakfast, lunch, and in between.

The Breed ring was constantly visited by the obedience folks, exhibitors
and judges alike, and the Obedience and Rally rings were constantly visited
by  the breed folks.  Kids wanted to see the "show dogs", and wanting to know
 why we had whistles,and bells, and spray bottles. I gave my spray bottle
to a  little one to spray his Labrador, and the grin on his face was
priceless. Mom  took the tip and promised to have a spray bottle at every show
with
her now, to  keep her dog cool.  Jackie was a great ambassador for the
breed, especially  with the handicapped kids who REALLY, REALLY wanted to pet a
show dog.   Good Girl Jackie!!

This weekend we celebrated three birthdays, Joe Bihari, Ed Anderson and
Michael Cheeks.  Only the men are getting old.....<G>

I've seen Whippets with more hair than Jackie has right now.  Still,  she
brought home a Major Reserve, and managed that with maybe 3 hairs left on
her body. Michael Cheeks offered his one tooth comb to help with her
grooming....what a guy!

At times you wondered if dog shows are going under, and then a club does
something like this and you are hooked again.

Kudos to the members of the Delaware Valley GSDC.

Ileana