[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Del Mar

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 16:21:24 EST

I love SeaSide Park in Ventura...one of my very favorite places to go to a
show...BUT I don't think for a National.   Same reasons as Kathy with a few
more.   I can't think of a building big enough (and admittedly I haven't been
in
ALL of them) that compares with some of the arenas seen in plans for past and
future nationals.   Parking is terrible..I just know that my shoes will be
either dusty or muddy by the time I leave. That train...just when you are about
send your dog out in Open LOL   And where is that bar?   :-)   BUT I don't
have a traffic problem as I go "the back ways" and can zoom over there in 90
minutes or so (short distance for me to go to a show LOL.)
STormy
In a message dated 11/18/08 12:52:39 PM, rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Ventura?  Where would you fly into LAX.?..that is a heck of a drive, not
> long mileage wise, but the traffic can be daunting any time of day.
> Hotels , dog friendly or not, are serious buck$$$$ there.   Havent' seen too
> many decent hotels there that also take dog...much less dogS.   We basically
> stopped showing there very much, because of the hassle with the hotels, and
> the cost of the expenses for our clients.  The drive is over an hour from
> LAX with NO traffic, lolol,.  Anyone who has had to drive out of Ventura on
> a weekend knows what a nightmare the snarl of traffic can be there....But
> that is just us.  Not flaming , just an opinion.  For whatever that is
> worth.
> Del Mar was fine well there was the fog, lololol...made it interesting for
> sure.

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.com

Get the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie news &