[ SHOWGSD-L ] "Deaf dogs"

  • From: Elaine Ebestep <tykegsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 11:53:57 -0800 (PST)

When my son was young, we defined his problem as "Momma Deaf", as the Ear, Nose
and Throat doctor found out when we had his hearing tested.  Funny, but my dogs
seem to have the same problem.  When my dog was outside and I called him, he
had to check out the left fence, then the back fence, then the tree in the
yard, then he would look at me with a "Did I hear you call me?" expression.  My
bitch will come, if she's not busy fence running against the neighbor's dogs.
At least some of the time.
  Elaine