[ SHOWGSD-L ] Damned if you do

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 12:14:58 EDT

In a message dated 10/2/2005 8:18:01 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
our club  should facilitate the presentation of issues and positions of the
candidates-

While I appreciate what Kris said here, I was interested in  watching the
confirmation process, (I started to write conformation) in the  hearing of our
new Supreme Court Justice.

A candidate for office should have some ideas about issues, but with a  board
of 19 breeder/exhibitors there are a number of opinions that should be
listened to before a vote is taken. I know I have changed my mind after reading

but a few posts on this List on points I didn't fully understand.

One that comes to mind was that I wanted to get rid of the board putting up
a slate. I brought that motion, and then it was pointed out to me that if no
one  petitioned on for a position, then whoever the board put up would win. I
changed  my mind.  For the WDA, there are no choices, except for one position.
I am  not sure I like that way to elect our leaders.

Also, it is easy to know what to say, just to get elected.  What you  have
said, and what you have done for the past years is what should count.   Not how
you answer a bunch of questions put to you at election time.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together